CBS anchor admits he could not find a single person outside of New Hampshire grocery store who feels 'good about the economy'
useapen
2024-01-27 07:55:21 UTC
“CBS Mornings” co-host Tony Dokoupil reported how he and his team couldn’t
find anybody outside a New Hampshire grocery that was “feeling good about
the economy.”

While previewing an upcoming CBS News segment set to air on Sunday,
Dokoupil mentioned how people complained about higher food prices, despite
macro signs that the economy is improving.

The co-host claimed that President Biden continues to try and sell his
economic achievements — aka “Bidenomics” — ahead of the 2024 presidential
election.

While speaking to local New Hampshire CBS anchors, Dokoupil reported,
“People are really bummed out about the economy here in New Hampshire.
Even if the overall big picture numbers are going in the right direction,
and even if people’s own personal experiences in general are going okay,
there’s a lot of gloom.”

Noting why, he said, “Food prices, for example, are generally going up.
And we talked to a bunch of people outside of a grocery store in Derry,
New Hampshire — we couldn’t find anybody feeling good about the economy.”

The anchor expressed that the negative view is “just human nature,”
adding, “Psychologically, you go into a store, if you’re paying more for
items that you get every week, that really sticks with you, it really
annoys you, it gets you down. People were upset about it.”

He did note that locals are surviving, that they are “making it” despite
the higher prices, although they are annoyed.

“Yeah, they’re making it. But are they bothered by the fact that frozen OJ
has gone up double digits and that steak on Friday’s up double digits?
Absolutely. And that’s really driving people’s perspective on things,” he
declared.

Dokoupil’s comments previewed a “CBS Evening News” broadcast on Sunday
featuring footage of him talking to some of these locals.

In one interview, Dokoupil spoke to a local woman and tried to reassure
her of the fact that the government had brought the inflation rate down.

The woman laughed at the host and shook her head, replying, “I don’t know
what pocketbook they’re looking at, but it ain’t mine.”

She also added she had to take a second job.

Dokoupil also spoke to another family, who explained to him that almost
every member works so that the family can make ends meet.

A young man in the family said, “Six of us in the house. Five of us work.
You know, it’s like, if you go back, like, 30 years, two incomes would
have covered all of our expenses, probably.”

Comments:

end mendacity
1 day ago

Yeah, inflation is no longer 9%, but it's still 3.4% compounded on top of
the 9%. The actual increase in prices since January 2021 is 13.2%. The
cost of groceries is up 20%. Apparently journalists don't do math - or
basic internet research.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/25/news/cbs-anchor-found-no-new-hampshirites-
that-feel-good-about-economy/
pothead
2024-01-27 14:04:20 UTC
Post by useapen
[...]
This is a perfect example of attempting to spin numbers that the people aren't gullible to accept
as truth.
I've said it many times, politicians, especially Biden, should get out on the streets and talk to
average people to learn how they feel about the current state of the country.
Trying to claim Bidenomics is working while people are struggling isn't working.
--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.
Impeach Joe Biden 2022.
Governor Swill
2024-01-28 04:14:53 UTC
Post by pothead
This is a perfect example of attempting to spin numbers that the people aren't gullible to accept
as truth.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*hand slapping the table* You could cut the irony with a knife!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Swill
--
A Republican making sense:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/10/15/sotu-crenshaw-full.cnn

It's really hard to screw up America.
A lot of people have been trying for well over 250 years
but we're still on top. - Dan Crenshaw (R) Texas

GO TRUMP! Go farther . . . FARTHER . . . I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.
NoBody
2024-01-28 16:24:42 UTC
On Sat, 27 Jan 2024 23:14:53 -0500, Governor Swill
Post by Governor Swill
Post by pothead
This is a perfect example of attempting to spin numbers that the people aren't gullible to accept
as truth.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*hand slapping the table* You could cut the irony with a knife!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Swill
So Swilly can you address the point that was made or not?